Notes from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints October General Conference 2011
Saturday Morning Session
Richard G Scott
- The scriptures are a handbook full of answers for life's questions.
- Great power comes from memorizing scriptures.
- The scriptures will give us power to overcome life's trials and failures.
- We should be using ALL of the standard works (Book of Mormon, Old Testament, New Testament, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants)
- How do you use your scriptures?
- This book is true (The Book of Mormon)
Holly Ghost, Revelation
- Often times revelation and inspiration will come while we are reading the scriptures or doing when we are following the Lord's commandments.
- Revelation and testimony don't always come at once or with great force.
L. Whitney Clayton
Gospel Spreading Worldwide
- 3000+ stakes in the world
- The church is going forth throughout the world because this Gospel is true.
Thomas S. Monson
- The building of Temples continues uninterrupted.
- Another Provo temple and temples in Columbia, South Africa, Wyoming, Republic of Congo
Jose L. Alonso
- Do the right thing at the right time without delay.
Boyd K. Packer
Revelation, Testimony, Repentance, If
- Devil is working to control the thoughts and actions of the young people.
- You need not fail nor fear.
- The Gospel is the great plan of happiness.
- The family is the center of that plan.
- When I needed to know about revelation, I found the answers in the scriptures.
- Repentance is the key to unlock the prison that Satan might get you in.
- Listen to uplifting music.
- Keep yourself morally clean.
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
God Loves You
- The more we learn about the universe the more we understand what Moses said, "Man is nothing."
- Always remember that you matter to Him.
- God knows you and loves you
Sunday Morning Session
testimony, witness, charity
- Become charitable, witnesses of God, and endure.
- When you are in the service of your fellow beings you are in the service of your God.
Book of Mormon
Fathers and their daughters
Moral Compass, Prayer, Revelation